- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 5 months ago by .
The Brainerd Lakes Area Women’s Fund (BLAWF) celebrates its 10th anniversary and is pleased to announce the grant recipients of their 2018-2019 grant round. Six local projects supporting their vision to help women and girls locally receive a total of $20,000. Eligible organizations were 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations, schools or government entities that serve Crow Wing and southern Cass counties. Organizations receiving funds included:
- $3,000 to Advocates for Reproductive Education (WeARE) to assist with an education coordinator for increased outreach.
- $5,000 to Advocates Against Domestic Abuse dba HOPE (Healing Opportunity Provided Equally) for support of advocacy teams with outreach.
- $5,000 to Central Lakes College Foundation to support the offering of Voice in Sport Camp for young women.
- $5,000 The Brainerd/Baxter Youth Center for assistance with staff and training for development of the program Girls Who Code. (Pictured to the right are program participants who attended the Women Making Waves event to accept the grant.)
- $1,000 to the Northland Arboretum for the Haunted Trail that supports programming and educational initiatives.
- $1,000 to Presenting Yourself program supporting women in transition to assist with personal and professional development.
Find out more about the Brainerd Lakes Area Women’s Fund by visiting http://www.communitygiving.org/BrainerdWomensFund.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.